Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Sensitive Nose: Chanel "Jersey"

Some people have been saying that Chanel's new fragrance, Jersey, is named after the state.  As someone who has dated someone who lived in the Garden State, I'm going to have to go on record and say that this is not what this perfume smells like.  No, the copy from the Chanel website says that it was named for the fabric because Coco Chanel was one of the first to start using the fabric in women's clothing.


Chanel also states that the main note in this perfume is lavender, followed by vanilla and musk.  To my nose, it does smell like lavender is the top note, but that Chanel No. 5 is the base.  It's got that clean, feminine Chanel smell that I associate with all of their products, but just enough lavender to be considered an "old lady" perfume.  I've been interviewing for jobs, so this is light enough to be smelled but not so strong that I'm going to offend anyone.  It smells clean and fresh and how I'd imagine all of Provence to smell.  Insta love.

No comments:

Post a Comment