Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Whatever I Want Wednesdays - Spring Smells

So, even though it's about twenty degrees outside as I type this (poor Chicago grass!), it's technically almost Spring.  And that means the annual change from my Winter perfumes to my Spring ones.  I have two that are my old faithfuls, but one that I got for Christmas that I'm loving lately.


from tocca.com

According to Tocca's website, this perfume is:

  • Top Notes: Italian Bergamot, Grapefruit Leaves, Green Pear, Apple
  • Middle Notes: Ivory Gardenia, Crushed Violet Petals, Jasmine, Tuberose, Blue Iris
  • Bottom Notes: Blonde Wood, White Musk
For me, it just literally smells like Spring.  I get the grapefruit and then all of the middle floral notes.  It smells like growing things and makes me feel feminine and pretty, yet also somehow very young.  I'm on my third bottle of this.  (eau de parfum, 1.7 oz, 68.00 USD)

from ateliercologne.com
This says it's cologne, but it's absolutely unisex, I promise you.  According to Atelier:
  • Top Notes: blood orange from Italy, bitter orange from Spain, red mandarin from Italy
  • Heart Notes: jasmine from Egypt, geranium from South Africa, black pepper from Madagascar
  • Base Notes: tonka bean from Brazil, sandalwood from Indonesia, cedarwood from Texas
I'm sure all of that is in there.  What do I get?  At first, blood and bitter oranges, and then as it wears, I get more of the jasmine and geranium.  It reminds me of being clean and of growing things.  However, it should be noted - the only reason I have a bottle of this is because my family got it for me.  It's way too rich for my blood, usually.  (100ml, 105.00 USD)


from fragrantica.com

The newest perfume I dig for spring is hella embarrassing.  It's Minajesty, Nicki Minaj's perfume.  I don't know about the bottle (it's terrifying) but the perfume is floral and fruity and vanilla-y all at the same time, don't ask me how.  I just like it, and tend to wear it around the house or to bed.  (eau de parfum, 1.7oz, 49.50)

Am I crazy for changing with the seasons?  Do you do it?  What fragrance do you wear?

Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me.  No compensation was received. All opinions are my own.  I am not affiliated with any retailers mentioned here.




No comments:

Post a Comment