Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Curiosities: Skin Food Oatmeal Hand Mask

I'm horrible at keeping up with this blog, and I'm so sorry.  Being unemployed, moving to another state, job hunting, stints in the hospital - my life's been a friggin' mess.  But I'm shooting to update this three times a week with things that aren't all beauty related, and a lot of reviews of old stuff that I haven't used yet.  (I have about 500 nail polishes and I swear I've only used like, fifty.)

So!  Here's something I tried ages ago, took photos for, and never got around to writing up.  Asian beauty bloggers and fans alike are pretty familiar with sheet masks for our face, but when I saw one for my hands, I did a quick double take before purchasing it as an oddity.








They're basically just like the gloves you get when you do at home hair color, except they have the papery sheet mask material inside coated with essence.  They didn't smell too bad, just a clean sort of oaty smell that I didn't mind at all.  Skin Food recommends rubbing your hands together to massage the essence in, which I did.  Did I do it for the whole fifteen minutes they recommended?  Hell no, I've got things to do.

Did they work?  Eh.  Yeah, my hands were softer after I used these.  Were they softer than if I'd just used lotion?  Not really.  And therein lies the problem.  If these had made my hands amazing and if I'd not been able to live without them, sure.  I'd recommend them.  If you really want to try them out, feel free to grab them on a lark.  But I wouldn't get these if you have really painfully dry hands.  Just snag some Eucerin.

I think I got these from RoseRose Shop for around 2.00 USD, but I honestly don't remember.

Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me.  No compensation was received. All opinions are my own.  I am not affiliated with this seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment