Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Celebrity Perfume

I'm a fragrance junkie.  I come by this honestly (my mom wears Chanel No. 5 to bed in her own form of pricey aromatherapy).  As such, I was reading today that Madonna is releasing her own perfume - Truth or Dare.

Don't try deep-throating this bottle, Madge.

I wonder what it will smell like?  Then again, I always wonder what celebrity perfumes will smell like.  I know that they don't really smell like the celebrity, otherwise my beloved Britney Spears' "Curious" would smell like Jack Daniels and bad decisions.  But still, at the end of the day I feel the slightest bit guilty whenever I smell a celebrity perfume and like it.  Unless, of course, I like the celebrity.  (In case you're wondering - or are curious, ha ha! - the Brit perfume I like is basically a vanilla-y magnolia.  I wear it to bed in a cheaper version of my mother's bedtime ritual.)  I feel like I'm funding certain celebrities' bad behaviors with their perfume.  When we buy LAMB stuff, do we contribute to Gwen Stefani's craziness?  Do we fund J.Lo's ego with every bottle of Glow?  If that's the case, what the hell will happen if you buy Madonna perfume?  Will she literally crucify herself?  ... maybe now I have to get it just to make this happen.

But no matter what, I'm guessing that her perfume doesn't smell like hydrangeas.  Poor, poor hydrangeas.


No comments:

Post a Comment