Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Ojon Full Detox Rub-Out Dry Cleansing Spray

It'll likely come as no surprise to you that I'm a lazy bitch.  And if you've read this, you know that I have dry skin fairly often, so showering on a daily basis makes my skin upset.  I prefer to do it every other day, but even then, if I shampoo every other day, my hair and scalp freak the fuck out.  My hair poofs into a frizzy fro, my scalp breaks out into lovely little pustules, and it's generally a bad idea.  So I really like the fact that dry shampoo is coming into vogue.  I long loved Pssssst!, which forever was the only damn dry shampoo around.  Sure, you could always just use baby powder, but my hair is dark brown enough that most people just call it black.  White in that isn't the best thing in the world.  So today while I was at Ulta, looking for a new base coat for my nails, I figured I'd grab a new dry shampoo.  I have to work at nine in the morning tomorrow when I normally work nights; I don't want to get up earlier to shower.

photo from Ojon's website

I snagged the 1.5 ounce bottle of Full Detox Rub-Out dry shampoo by Ojon.  It was expensive as hell - 13.00 USD for maybe five or so uses - but I'd rather do that then spring twenty-four dollars for the full size bottle and hate it.  It's easy to use, as are most dry shampoos (hell, as are most shampoos for that matter).  You just point and spray and rub it in and then brush your hair.  This stuff does work really well.  My hair looks just how it did yesterday, just minus the grease and the yuckies.  It also makes my scalp tingle in a nice way, which I"m kind of digging.  However, the big drawback for this stuff is that it smells like the devil.  I have no idea what it smells like, but it kind of smells like Nag Champa incense mixed with body odor and Indian food.  If you use it in a really well ventilated area, with a fan going, and maybe with one of those rave slash medical masks, you'll be fine.  But for the price, I'm just going to go back to Pssssst!.  It's got a better name, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment