Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Samples Samples Samples - April 2012 Eco-Emi Box

I know what you're thinking - I just posted!  Well, I'm trying to figure out a good update schedule for this, and I'm thinking at least Monday / Friday for me unless life gets in the way (which we know it will).  But I got home from work on Saturday, and what was there waiting for me?  Only one of my favorite bits of post!  Let's move right into it.

As always, Christine outdid herself with the packaging.  The dried flower petals were lovely, and after I fought my cats for them, a really nice thought.  In the pretty little mesh bag were all sorts of treats and there were three wrapped surprises.  Also, this box smelled fucking fantastic, and I could not figure out why at first.  Then I dived into the goodies, and figured out what it was.


This is a bag of three samples of Chai treats from Catalyst Gourmet.  Chai is basically my favorite scent/flavour in the whole wide world, so I spent about a half hour just with my face in this bag.  The chai enhancer is going in my coffee, the sugar in my oatmeal, and the chocolate bark into some warm milk - all of this very soon.



Seaweed Bath Wash (in Eucalyptus and Peppermint) by Seaweed Bath Company.  I have no clue how it smells besides the description due to the packaging, but I'll give it a go sometime.


I friggin' love tea, you guys, but ... lime?  Lime tea?  really?  Sorry, Mate Factor, you're going in the garbage because nobody I know will want you.  (My roommate looked horrified, and my mother thinks tea is the devil's drink.)


Ooooh.  Alabu Baby Me Ultra Moisturizing Soap.  I've needed some moisture in my life; for some reason, summers in Texas just suck it right out of my skin.  Even though I'm sweating and it's like a jock strap outside, because the AC is bumping full blast everywhere, my body is upset.  This is getting used tonight.



Dr. Collins' Natural Toothpaste.  Vanilla Mint toothpaste?  I wonder if my veneers will like you!  I will find out!


Whipped Shea Butter with Kalahari Melon by Shea Radiance.  I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR 'SHEA' RADIANCE.  It's not that funny, but I appreciate a good pun.  What I don't appreciate is whatever this scent is.  Dear god, it's like it's burning the hair in my nose.  My roommate claims she can't smell anything, but she's got the worst sense of smell of anyone I've ever met, bless her heart.



Organic Raw Fair Trade Honey by Wholesome Sweeteners.  The term "raw honey" confuses me.  What the hell have I been eating all this time?  What have I been putting in my tea?  On my nuggets?  On my peanut butter toast?  WAS IT ALL A LIE?  ... this smells pretty good, but I'm kind of scared of it.  I'll probably put it on some toast at some point.


Bronzer in "Golden" by Lauren Brooke Cosmetics.  I'm half Mexican, so bronzer is not something I generally use in my makeup.  When I want bronzer, I just sort of lay outside in the sun for half an hour and I'm good to go for a year.


Here's that bronzer swatched.  Yeah, I don't really notice it either.  I'm sure on a fair person this would be lovely.  (You're welcome, roommate!)


This is Mr. Ellie Pooh paper, and like it sounds, it's paper made out of elephant poop.  Cute idea, and kind of makes me wish I needed paper.  But like any good typist born in the electronic age, I don't remember how to write very well.  (I use a Moleskine for random thoughts, and I can't read many of them.)


And last but not least, a Burts Bees Lip Shimmer in Plum.  This color is way darker than I'd ever buy for myself, so I was stoked to get it in my box.  I'm a Burts addict; I love the tingle and the way it makes my mouth feel.  Glee!


Burt's Bees and the bronzer side by side, swatched on my hand.  And - check this shiiiit oooout - my new phone has a front facing camera.


BAM!  MOUTH SWATCH!  I actually don't hate this color on me, but I'll have to do a boring eye since it's pretty dark.

So, that was my April Eco-Emi box.  How I love them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment