Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum

I don't like to do my hair.  If you've been reading this blog, then I'm sure you're getting the gist in terms of what makeup I enjoy (nailpolish and eyeshadow), what kind of colors I like (bright!), and what kind of effort I'm willing to put in (minimal at best).  So as such, I don't really "do" my hair, and I never have.  In the past, I've just washed it, conditioned it, let it air dry, and worn it back in a ponytail or that messy knot thing that's not really a chingon that every girl learns how to do in junior high.

I'd like to say that Josie Maran's argan oil hair serum has changed all that.  But no, I'm not flat ironing every day or using hot rollers, or really doing anything besides brushing it.  But that's where the magic of this glorious, delicious smelling bottle comes in - I don't need to.  My hair care routine now consists of washing my hair with T-Gel (yeah, fabulous bitches get dandruff too, what) and then my beloved Garnier Fructis for normal hair.  That's it.  I don't condition it anymore.  I don't need to - this hair serum is that fantastic.  So I just wash it, towel dry once I'm out of the shower, and pop two pumps of this stuff in and let my hair air dry.

You might be thinking that I don't really have frizzy hair, or maybe I don't really need to condition my hair.  Well, you'd be wrong.  I actually took a photo back in 2002 to illustrate for a friend just how terrifying my hair is if I don't condition.  Here is my hair, air dryed per usual, with just a shampoo and no additional product.



If that isn't some Sideshow Bob level frizz, I don't know what is.  If only this product had come out sooner, then I might have been saved a lot of effort.  Hell, I didn't wear my hair short for a very long time, if only because of the allmighty frizzbomb that you see above.

Now I'm going to show you what my hair looks like, post shampooing and then airdrying, with my beloved argan oil hair serum.  I'm also not wearing any makeup, so if you shriek, that's why.  This picture is about two weeks old.


Bam.  Look at how smooth that is!  I used to only be able to get that much smoothness with a flat iron or a blowout.  Sure, there's still some natural curl, but hell, I don't mind.  Plus, when I consider how much shorter my hair is in the second picture, it's damn near miraculous how frizzless it is.  Plus?  I live in Houston, Texas - a hot, swampy, disgusting part of the country where 10 months out of the year walking outside is very much like walking around in a sauna. 

This stuff moisturizes my hair enough where I don't need conditioner, did I mention that?  That helps justify the 30.00 USD pricetag.  Plus it smells good, it saves me time - I'd marry this product if I could.  I'm thinking of sacrificing a goat to the mighty Argan Oil gods, won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment