Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Nail MADNESS - Julep Gloria + Essie Shine of the Times

So, I got a manipedi yesterday.  Normally I'm all about the dark colors, or maybe something puncy with some glitter on it.  But I had a bunch of polishes from Christmastime that I hadn't used yet, and one of those was a color my roommate got in her Julep Box of Mystery that she knew would look terrible on her.  It was one of last Spring's colors, Gloria, which is alas, no longer on their website.  In the bottle, it looked like a pretty coral creme, but on me was a punchy tangerine.  But then I decided to jump up the ante and do a statement nail with Essie's Shine of the Times on top (from their LuxeEffects collection) because flakies are the shit.  And well, I loved it so much this happened.





I am madly, passionately in love with this.  It's actually sort of grey and wintery around here in Houston which makes my heart happy (oh my gosh, it's supposed to freeze tonight and I'm so stoked) but this adds a dose of gleeful to my days.  Plus, I tend to wear all black - I'm the Office Goth/Metalhead/Daria - and it makes it pop even more.

All photos taken inside my workplace.  One coat of manicurist basecoat, two coats of Julep Gloria, one coat of manicurist topcoat, one coat of Essie Shine of the Times, one coat of Julep Fastdry topcoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment