Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Nail MADNESS - Matte Magnetic

I'm pretty sure magnetic nail polish is going to become the new crackle polish - something everyone loves, rocks the shit out of hard for a year or so, and then gets sick of all at the same time.  But that's totally okay with me, I love crackle still (always did, I'm a child of the eighties) and I love magnetic polish too.  

What is magnetic polish?  It's nail polish with a higher iron content, so I'm lead to believe, so when you put a magnet just above your nail during the second coat, particles in the polish move and leave you with patterns.  China Glaze is supposed to be coming out with some magnetics later this year, and there's lots of foreign ones, but the one I'm most familiar with is at Sephora, by Nails Inc.  I own both Trafalgar Square and Houses of Parliment, but Trafalgar owns my heart.  I love me some silver.


That is my velociraptor hand from earlier in the year wearing said Trafalgar (also with some lazy ass Konading).  See the pretty sheen?  See how it looks almost like moving liquid?  The silver would be gorgeous even without the silvery magnet effect.  But I wondered to myself - what would it look like matte?  And as luck would have it, I own a bottle of Matte-astrophe by Manglaze, which is my favorite matte topcoat, to hell with you Essie!  So, I magnet'd up my polish, slapped on a topcoat, then slapped on a matte coat.  And what I got is gorgeous, gun metal looking pewter goodness.




Pictures don't really do this justice, it's just so three-dimensional and textural and a whole bunch of other words that end in -al that I can't think of right now because it's late and I'm tired and still fighting off an URI which is why I haven't posted in a while.  But yes!  Nails Inc. is a fantastic company with some great formulas, as is ManGlaze.  If you want mattes, get ManGlaze.

Here's hoping I'll remember to swatch some stuff on Sunday when I'm off work.  Until then!



No comments:

Post a Comment