Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Majolica Majorca "Blood On"

(It should be noted that I first read about this blusher in Musings of a Muse's blog, which you should follow if you don't already.) 

I've never really had a relationship with blusher.  My mother uses it religiously, using three different colors to bring her pale skin to life.  If she doesn't, she tends to look like a zombie statue that someone made out of clay and hasn't yet fired in a kiln.  However, I'm half Mexican (and for some of you, I know the title of my blog is just now making some semblance of sense!), and as such, am not nearly as pale as my pure Irish mother.  I never really saw the point in blush.  And when I did put it on, I looked like a circus clown going to her other job as a streetwalker - camp and ridiculous.

But when I read Muse write about this blush, the color looked natural.  I love how I look when I blush, and when I get gussied up for Special Occasions, I pull out a super old school beauty trick and pinch my cheeks until I look flushed.  I get why blushes make sense for most people, but I wanted a natural looking flush.  And oh my god, I think I've found it.  Majolica Majorca, ilu.  Never leave.  ... wait, this is a LE?  KAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN.



It's a pretty generous size for what it is.  I got it off of eBay for ten bucks with three dollar shipping, which is pretty decent.



 Here's what it looks like in the container.  It looks hella red, I know, but give this girl a chance - she applies wicked sheer, so the color is totally buildable (you can put on layers and get your cheeks as blushy as you want them to be).



See what I mean?  And here's what it looks like on me.



These are in natural light, let me show you flash.



And why yes, I'm wearing it on my lips!  You can do that!  It looks okay!  I just look like I've been running around the block (which I haven't, stop laughing, you asshole)!  The wear time for me seems to be about six hours or so, but I usually wear BB cream underneath it.  Maybe that makes some sort of magical adhesion power, I don't know.

I'm probably going to have to buy another five of these and secret them around in my apartment like a squirrel, or an old woman with her costume jewelry, just so I never run out.  It's become a staple in my workday makeup routine.  Madly in love with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment