Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Holy Grail BB Cream - Skin79 Hot Pink

I haven't talked a lot about BB creams here before now.  I have a smallish collection, both Korean and US brands.  But honestly - and this is just my humble opinion - Asian BB creams are where it's at.

If you're a beauty novice, you may be wondering what in the world a BB cream is, which is understandable.  They're pretty new here Stateside.  Basically, it's a multitasking cream that was invented in South Korea for people post cosmetic surgery (or at least that's what I gather after reading Wikipedia).  It's shorthand for any cream that's going to do at least triple duty.  Most BB creams offer light to medium coverage for imperfections, sunblock, and moisturize.  Some go further and whiten (for dark spots and/or acne scars) or have anti-wrinkle properties.  BB creams are perfect for lazy people like me who maybe want to shave five to ten minutes off of their get ready in the morning routine.

Sounds awesome, right?  Sold you, yeah?  Well, American BB creams... don't seem to do this.  At least not that well.  They seem to just be tinted moisturizers - crazy light coverage, some moisture, maybe some sunscreen as an afterthought.  Fffff, whatever.  So, what BB cream do I use?







 This is my HG BB cream, my Holy Grail, my sun and stars - Skin79 Hot Pink Super+ BB.  It whitens (and I have noticed a reduction in the dark marks acne leaves behind on my face in the two or so years I've used this product), it has SPF 25, and it allegedly helps with wrinkles.  That last claim, I don't know - it's not like I take photos of my face on the daily.  But what I do know is that it also does help with oily skin.  This is a BB cream meant for people with oily skin and/or acne, and it really does help with shine.  And the coverage is far better than any other BB cream I've ever tried, and that includes most Asian ones.




Here's my left hand.  I've got a mole and a freckle there.  Let's see if we can't cover 'em up some.



 This is the approximate amount I'd use to cover my whole face,  just one pump of the BB.  I know what you're thinking - dear god, is it ever grey!  That's nobody's skin color anywhere!



You're still thinking it, huh?  How is this ever going to match my skin?  Well, most Asian BBs are like this - they oxidize a bit, eventually matching your skin tone.  If you've ever used a complexion matching foundation - Almay and Josie Maran make them - it's the same thing as that.




Here's what it looks like blended.  The mole would need a little concealer, but overall, this is what I use on my face on a daily basis.  Instead of doing primer + foundation + concealer + powder, I use primer + BB cream + concealer but only if I need it so not very often + powder to set.  BB also lets me skip moisturizing my skin in the morning so I can just use a face wipe if I overslept like woah.

And there we go!  My first BB cream post.  I've got like, five other ones to review, but I wanted to let you guys know about my favorite one first.  And if you're cringing at the 30.00 price tag - I've never bought mine direct from Skin79, and this is my third bottle.  Right now, I'm digging KoCo Mall who has it for 20.99 USD, but pretty much any Asian reseller will have samples for two to ten dollars depending on the size.  Get a generous sample before you get the huge size, make sure you like it.  Most of the big samples have enough for a week or two of use.

Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me.  No compensation was received. All opinions are my own.  I am not affiliated with this seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment