Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sarah and The Mary Kay Look

I'm a whore for free stuff, I'm not going to lie to any of you.  It's why I've shared reviews of stuff I've gotten from Bzzzagent and Influenster in the past.  But this time, Influenster sent me a box that was filled with stuff from Mary Kay.  This was like, the holy shit motherload of free stuff, you guys, and I'm nearly giddy.

Mary Kay is a brand I've never really played with before; it seems to be marketed toward a demographic a bit older than I am, and I honestly don't know anyone who sells it.  But now that I know I can buy it online, my mind is changing in favor of grabbing some more products.  Here's what Influenster sent me.


LOOK AT HOW CUTE THE INSIDE OF THE BOX IS!

Holy shitballs, Batman, that's a lot of stuff!

Well, naturally me being me, I went to open up the cream eye shadow first.  I use a lot of loose eyeshadow, and pressed eyeshadows, but not so much creams.  Color me intrigued!




That was just one swipe of the cream shadow; it's a very dark purple that I'm hoping will build up to something even prettier.  I also got a brush with which to apply cream shadow.  I LOVE BRUSHES.



I will always take mascara.  I don't know if it'll be able to dethrone my current Holy Grail mascara, Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes!, but we'll see.  And lash ... primer?  Ohhhhkay.  I haven't tried one of those since Origins' Underwear For Lashes didn't do anything back in high school.  But like I said, I'll try anything once!  (I'll review it once I've given it a go.)





Lastly, I got a lipstick in Pink Cherie.  This pink isn't the sort of color I'd usually go for - it's kind of bright on me - but the forumla feels nice.  Not too gloopy, almost balm-y, not too waxy either.

All things considered, the cute packaging and the pretty colors are convincing me to give Mary Kay another look.  I hope the eye shadow and mascara live up to the hype, and I'd love the lipstick in another color.  The lash primer I'm not holding out much hope for, but that's a bias against the idea of lash primer in general, not just Mary Kay.

Do you use Mary Kay?  How's your day goin'?

Disclaimer: This product was provided by a third party for reviewing purposes.  No compensation was received. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment