Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Julep Maven February - "It Girl"

So, today I got my February Julep box.  It was a little late because I forgot to change my billing information, but that's totally my bad, not theirs.  I usually end up getting the It Girl boxes, especially now that they're the "polish lovers" option.  The three colors this month were Rachel, Elizabeth, and Oscar (which was in every box this month).  The also included a candy bar, which was actually really amazing and yummy.  It was incidentally in the shape of an Oscar statuette, which I guess is cute.  (Does anyone get excited by the Oscars anymore?  I haven't since I was eight, so maybe I'm just weird.)  Anyway, here's a swatch of the colors.


Oscar looks like it could do okay by itself - that's two coats there.  With another one, I'm sure it would hold up on its own.  Elizabeth is a dark blue that almost looks purple in some light.  Under this florescent lighting, it looks almost black.  It reminds me of blue-black hair dye.  And Rachel is a pretty copper penny color.  If you own Jodie by Julep, Rachel is less pink and has no glitter.

I got the Valentine's Day mystery box for myself, so I'll be sure to let you guys know what I got!  Also, if you want to sign up for Julep, they're always running promotions.  If you use COLOR2012 here, you can get your first month's box for a penny.  (You can always cancel if you hate it.)  Let me know if that doesn't work!

1 comment: