Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Honest Company - Baby Balm

So, I'm kind of a free sample junkie.  I love 'em.  Even the cheap samples.  I can't help but adore getting mail that contains things waiting for me, even if I'm just going to stash them in my medicine cabinet.  It's probably the worst habit I have - I'm a hippie, and part of me loathes all of the packaging and fuel waste.  So sad.  

So when I ordered my Discovery Kit from The Honest Company, I was expecting to just stash it with my other treasures.  The Honest Company is a company Jessica Alba started up when she saw how much unhealthy junk is in baby stuff.  They also have some bath and body products.  

First thing I noticed was how pretty the packaging was.  It's shipped in one of those nice cardboard containers, the ones where the outside feels sleek.  I got the Essentials Discovery Pack since I don't have a kid.


from thehonestcompany.com
It has a trial size of the healing balm, shampoo & body wash, face & body lotion, laundry detergent, and hand soap.  My hands were chapped when I got it, so I immediately opened up the healing balm and slathered some on.


photo from thehonestcompany.com
It's labeled for multiuse, but is marketed primarily as a diaper balm, for baby rash.  However, it's also got a lot of other awesome things.  QUOTETH THE SITE:


  • Organic sunflower, olive, & tamanu oils work with enriching shea butter to nourish, moisturize & help protect sensitive & irritated skin
  • Chamomile, calendula, and lavender gently calm & soothe
  • Castor oil battles existing diaper rash and prevents future cases by creating a protective barrier against urine
  • Promotes healthy, supple, soft skin anywhere you need it – top to toes!
  • No harsh chemicals (ever!) – only powerful, natural, non-toxic ingredients in this must-have salve
  • Sensitive for infants & everyday use
  • Hypoallergenic • Certified Organic • Vegetarian • Biodegradable • pH Balanced • Naturally Non-Toxic

That's a lot of awesome claims.  I figured it wouldn't live up to them.  HOLY CRAP WAS I EVER WRONG.  This stuff slogged down into my hands and kept them soft through repeated washings.  This stuff smells like a really nice herbal treatment, like a cuppa tea.  This stuff, I'd love to pour all over myself all the time.  Sadly, I won't, because at 12.95 USD for three ounces, that's ... stiffer than I can afford.  So I will bogart my little tube while I still can.



Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me.  No compensation was received. All opinions are my own.  Referral link used.

No comments:

Post a Comment